WHO WE ARE
We are a team of private equity investors and venture capitalists who seek diverse, high-quality investment opportunities in automation & instrumentation, consumer products, energy, financing, food & beverage, healthcare/life sciences, internet-related services, social ventures, software, telecommunications and any other segment with high-growth potential. We seek out entrepreneurs with product vision, consumer insight, focussed execution and unwavering ambition.
We are dedicated to finding, nurturing and launching the next generation of world-class ventures. We partner with entrepreneurs throughout African who have the integrity, passion, vision, experience, domain expertise and leadership skills to create enterprises that have the ability to change the world.
WHAT WE DO
IKG START-UP CAPITAL make growth equity investments in expansion-stage companies that need “acceleration capital” to achieve growth inflation. We also make venture capital investments in start-up and early-stage companies. Our portfolio composition is approximately 70% growth equity investments and 30% start-up and early stage investments. Our investments are generally in the range of R 500 000 to R 5 million. IKG START-UP CAPITAL has a medium-term investment horizon of three to four years, and our due diligence focusses on the quality of company management and clearly defined catalysts for company growth and exit strategies. Our portfolio concentrates on automation & instrumentation, consumer products, energy, financing, food & beverage, healthcare/life sciences, internet-related services, social ventures, software, telecommunications and specialty retail. We will invest in pre-revenue start-up ventures with compelling product concepts and market opportunities, as well as exceptional management teams with strong track records of successful business plan executions.
We create value for our investors in four ways:
- Our ability to source attractive investment opportunities
- Our due diligence process, which entails in-depth evaluations of business plans and financial projections, and extensive meetings with company management to assess their capabilities
- Our disciplined investment process, which is based on four core principles:
- Co-investment with principals and financial sponsors
- Compelling business opportunity and business plan
- Strong management team
- Clear growth catalysts and exit strategy
- Ongoing, close post-investment interaction with management to strengthen business plans, identify partnership opportunities and provide contacts and references, which assist the company in achieving its business objectives.